Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stawberry & broccoli salad

My temporary fridge contained strawberries, so I added them to my broccoli slaw. Broccoli slaw is one of my absolute favorite salads. Broccoli is so nutritious, and renders a yummier slaw than regular cabbage slaw (at least, in my book).

fruit & broccoli salad

Usually, I just add sunflower seeds, raisins, and either almonds or walnuts with rice vinegar (I eat it a lot). However, I think I'm going to have to make a habit of including berries & pomegranate seeds, and cheese for variety.

cheesee sticks

Yes, those are cheese sticks! I know - not healthy, but I figure the salad balances the meal enough:). I must confess that they were neither in my temporary fridge, nor in my fridge. So, yes, I failed my challenge this week, but they did only cost me $0.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment