Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bean salad for lunch

In an attempt to be healthier, I finally got around to making a bean salad. The recipe has actually been on my refrigerator to remind me for over a year; it even moved with me to the new fridge!

beans & cornbread

It's not like bean salad is the least bit challenging to make, so I have no excuse for its long wait. 

To make
  1.  Saute 2 gloves of garlic & 1/2 an onion (clearly, I chose  peppers over an onion), or like me, use frozen pepper slices.
  2.  2 cans of beans, drained & rinsed.
  3.  Your choice of spices (I went with a little rosemary, pepper, & some Old Bay).
  4.  1/2 C of your choice of salad dressing (I went with red wine vinegar, and a little white truffle oil).
  5.  Mix well. 


In my mind, nothing goes better with bean salad than cornbread, and I just followed the directions on the back of the Martha White Cornmeal. It not only hit the spot just right, but used up my cornmeal & a bag of frozen peppers in the salad. 

The bean salad lasted for several days, but, alas, I will have to make something new to go with my last piece of cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment