Thursday, February 4, 2010

First week of challenge

So, the first week of my challenge was pretty easy. From Friday to Tuesday, I was house-sitting, so I had another fridge to raid. I did bring my sweet potatoes & some yogurt, but otherwise, I shopped in another fridge & pantry:). I discovered Townhouse Flipsides (1/2 townhouse cracker & 1/2 pretzel); I ate the whole box (fortunately, one person in the house does not like them & the other is on a no-carb diet). Here's a photo from the house(in case you doubt me)...

house sit vignette

The art is by Rob Vander Zee.

I did make (as in I did not just open a box/jar & pour) one meal at home this week. You can actually find something similar in the freezer section, sans the eggs. It's so easy to make, and so much cheaper than buying the freezer product (though I'm sure super busy people appreciate only having to add the egg). Anyway, you just need an egg, some frozen peppers, some frozen potato cubes (the o'brien potatoes), to make your own. I also throw in a cube of cheese, some Old Bay seasoning, and top it off with some sunflower seeds.

pepper & potato scramble

My first grocery trip was, for the most part, successful in sticking to the list. I bought milk, juice, plain yogurt, broccoli, and 2 avocados, but I also got some cocoa cheerios on sale. The challenge allows for sale cereal, but I forgot I still have 2 boxes of cereal at home - oops! In my defense, cheerios are very healthy, and you can't go wrong with cocoa:).

No comments:

Post a Comment