Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Frito tomato soup (gazpacho)

Last night, my dinner was a frito tomato soup (gazpacho). I realize it is spring now, and winter is usually the season to crave soup (it is the second soup I have made in a week); I guess I am off-season a bit. Anyway, I actually had the soup two nights in a row, the first night, hot, and last night, cold. It was excellent at both temperatures. 


Below is the recipe. Please note, measurements may still need to be tweaked, as this was my first attempt.

1 can tomato soup
1 28oz can of peeled tomatoes in sauce (I went with Italian style with basil)
4-5 green onions (not stalk), diced
2-3 T rosemary
1-2 t cajun spice (I like Slap Ya Mama, by Walker & Sons)
salt & pepper

fritos


Optional: shredded cheese, diced bell pepper, chopped avocado, plain yogurt, cucmbers, and chives (green onion stalk)


Cook ingredients for 10 minutes, or until heated. Serve with fritos, and any optional toppings.

May be served warm or cold. If serving cold, chill before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment